SENIOR DATA PRIVACY CONSULTANT
The Senior Data Privacy Consultant is a leadership role at MatrixPoint working with the company’s senior partners to define, refine and expand the firm’s practice areas and services offerings. Additionally, the Senior Data Privacy Consultant will lead client consulting engagements working with MatrixPoint accounts to assess current situation, identify data privacy risks and develop strategic solutions for managing them and building a plan for on-going compliance.
The Senior Data Privacy Consultant should have a broad range of professional consulting experience, an expert understanding of data privacy regulations (CCPA, GDPR, etc.), experience working with legal teams to create privacy policies and contracts, and direct experience or knowledge of the modern digital media and advertising industry.
Our goal is to preserve MatrixPoint’s clients’ integrity, increase transparency and foster trust by making sure they stay on a lawful, ethical and compliant course.
- Educate client leadership teams on the germane regulations that directly impact their business, what they must be aware of and why they must be privacy champions within their organizations
- Conduct assessment and GAP analysis of clients’ current state of data management practices and privacy regulation risk
- Lead a discovery process to identify data inventories, websites, existing policies and procedures relate to data management, current software platforms, active vendor lists, partnerships, etc.
- Produce data maps that communicate the flow of data internally and externally
- Develop and implement data governance policies and procedures on the client’s behalf
- Work with internal/external legal teams to create and/or update written policies and contracts in support of data governance framework
- Evaluate clients’ vendors and partners and identify any vendor risk
- Evaluate clients’ various marketing programs and identify any potential risk or questionable practices
- Work with client team to create data breach response procedures
- Work with client team to develop control systems to prevent or deal with violations of privacy regulations and/or internal privacy policies and procedures
- Evaluate clients risk for ADA and other regulatory requirements
- Help client evaluate privacy management software options including MatrixPoint’s managed services
- A strong desire to drive transformational change, advising clients how to adapt and shift to new realities regarding data privacy and responsibility
- Leadership experience that allows you to help shape the future of our consulting practice, defining best practices around business processes and technology partners and developing innovative, disruptive strategies that unlock value for our clients
- Expert level understanding of data privacy laws and their impact on businesses
- Experience working with C-level executives and leadership teams
- Experience working in coordination with internal and external legal teams
- Expert knowledge of reporting procedures, audit controls and record keeping
- Highly methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- Exceptional communication skills
- 10 or more years in a consulting or business leadership role
- BS/BA in data science, law, finance, business administration or related field
- Experience working in Big 4 or large consulting firm is a plus
- Certified data compliance professional is a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Position may be based in Denver CO, Irvine CA, or Remote
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com